Harry S. Truman Papers
Staff Member and Office Files
Edwin A. Locke Jr. Files
Personal Representative of the President to China, 1945;
Special Assistant to the President, 1946-1947;
Ambassador in charge of U.S. Mission to the Near East, 1951-1952
See also Edwin A. Locke oral
history, personal papers finding aid
[Administrative Information | Folder
Size: 8 linear feet
[ Top of the page | Administrative Information | Folder Title List ]
Copyright: Harry S. Truman donated his copyright interest in writings
in these files to the United States government. Documents created by U.S.
Government officials in the course of their official duties are likewise
in the public domain. Copyright interest in any other writings in these
files is assumed to remain with the authors of the documents, or their
Processed by: James R. Fuchs, 1956
FOLDER TITLE LIST
- Cross Reference Sheets re Material Removed From File and Placed in Book Collection, Harry S. Truman Library.
- "The Broken Hill Proprietary Company Limited - Iron and Steel Masters, Australia - W.S. Robinson - January 1941."
- Description of the operations of The Broken Hill Proprietary Company Limited, Melbourne, Australia - January 1941.
- The dams of Al Taif Saudi Arabia - April 19, 1945.
- Preliminary survey of industrial and mining in China - April 20, 1943.
- Preliminary economic survey of Korea - August 2, 1943.
- Report and recommendations of The Joint Philippine-American Finance Commission - Manila, June 7, 1947.
- Civil Affairs Guide - Agriculture in Taiwan (Formosa) - February 15, 1945.
- Civil Affairs Handbook - Taiwan (Formosa) - Economic Supplement - June 1, 1944.
- Chronology of The War Production Board and Predecessor Agencies, August 1939 to November 1945.
- The President's Budget Message for 1948.
- Joint Target Group
- Manchuria Electric - Miscellaneous
- Data from Fullerton (re Manchurian Power Plants, Substations, and transmission lines).
- Miscellaneous Maps
- USSBS ("Army") (Data on electrical power in the Japanese territorial economy, i.e., Formosa,
Manchuria, Korea, and Occupied China - with maps).
- Objective Folder - Air - Issued July 31, 1944 - (Air Objective Folder - Manchuria Areas).
- R & A - 1000 - Vol. VI (Re Manchurian Electric Power Plants - by Research and Analysis Branch,
Office of Strategic Services).
- R & A - 3008 - Chapter IX - Resources and Trade - OSS Report, 15 October 1945 (Re Electric Power in Manchuria)
- S.E.S. 162 - Electric Power of Manchuria - April 1945. (Re Strategic Engineering Study).
- Manchuria (including Jehol) - Principal Power Facilities - as of July 1945 -
Provisional Edition, March 1946 - Prepared by Arthur Lowery, Major, Air Corps.
(5 complete copies and 1 "unedited" copy without maps).
- Miscellaneous Records Pertaining to Donald M. Nelson, WPB, and to Russia.
- Informations on Selected Cities and Towns in Siberia and Central Asia, R & A #2118 - 18 May 1944.
- Report on ATC Special Mission #52 - Siberia and Outer Mongolia - 7/15/44 (Vice President Henry A. Wallace to Russia, Mongolia, and China)
- Russian Blast Furnace Production - Misc. H. Leroy Whitney, technical Advisor to the Chairman, WPB.
- A Program for National Security - May 29, 1947. Report of the President's Advisory Commission on Universal Training.
- Job Application File: A - D
- Job Application File: E - Q
- Job Application File: R - Z
- China Reports - "Basic Problems in Development of Post-War Trade in China" August 1944 (by O.R. Johnson).
- China Reports - "Japan's Industrial Development" Memo to D.M.N. from O.R. Johnson - March 1945
- China Reports - The President from D.M. Nelson - December 20, 1944, and May 7, 1945.
- China Mission Data Report
- China Reports - "Economic Conditions In ... China and Formosa" by M. Lee, November 1945.
- China - Report to the President - E.A.L. - December 18, 1945 "The Current Situation in China."
- China Reports - "A Proposal Aimed at Adverting Civil War in China."
- Chinese - American Agricultural Collaboration Commission
- China - General - 1946
- China - Yangtza Gorge Project
- Manchuria (2 folders)
- China - Special (EAL)
- National Resources Commission of China
- Hoover, Curtice, & Ruby, Inc. (Re Latin America and Petroleum in China)
- Japanese Mandates
- Dr. Wong Wen Hoa
- Yellow River Problem
- Foreign Travel Studies
- Allocations to Foreign Countries
- Cancer Research
- Elk Hills Oil
- Inter-Allied Reparation Agency
- International Training Administration, Inc.
- Polish Refugees
- U.S. Foreign Trade
- United States Maritime Commission
- The Oriental Wool Manufacturers, Ltd. (Harvey C. Sung)
- I Ho Yuan - Summer Palace (Descriptive Booklet)
- "To Files - Locke - 'Hold' "
- NRCC Industrial Experts (National Resources Commission of China)
- Pierce Management (Re China)
- Reports Prepared by The War Production Board, Bureau of Planning Division (2 folders)
- The Production Outlook - A Report to the War Production Board by J.A. Krug - July 31, 1945
- Progress on Critical Programs - A Report to The War Production Board by Hiland G Batcheller - December 12, 1944.
- Critical Programs - A Report to The War Production by Hiland G. Batcheller - November 14, 1944 (12 copies).
- Composite Report on Los Angeles Area - January 1, 1944.
- Ordinance Production - Reports for the Statistical Analysis Branch, Munitions Assignments Board - August - October 1944. Also September 1943 - June 1944
- Report on Non-Military Sector of British Economy - Prepared by the British Ministry of Production - October 5, 1942.
- Report to the President by Samuel I. Roseman on Civilian Supplies for the Liberated Areas
of Northwest Europe (Prepared Pursuant to letter of President Franklin D. Roosevelt,
Dated January 20, 1945.)
- A Proposed Program for Naval Aviation
- Progress Reports to the President - Office of Defense Transportation 1943-1944.
- Annual Reports to the President - Office of Defense Transportation - 1943-1944.
- "Slip Laws" of the U.S. Government Relating to the Philippines, Reorganization, Foreign Service, Atomic Energy, etc.
- Civilian Consumption and Output in the United States - Review of 1942 and Prospects for 1943
Prepared by Planning Committee, War Production Board - February 1943.
- Report of the War Production Board, Committee on Demobilization of Controls Following Victory in Europe, Parts 1 & 2 - September 20, 1944.
- Material Demobilization Plan - Period I - Prepared by Director of Material, Army Service Forces.
- Fuel Supply and Requirements for the War Economy - Staff Reports of Industrial Section,
National Resources Planning Board for the War Production Board - Final Rev. August 1943.
- Controller's Report on the Controlled Materials Plan Operations - For Second and Third Quarters, 1943.
- Controlled Materials Plan Handbook
- Quarterly Report on Fiscal Policy and Economic Developments - Prepared by Fiscal Division,
Bureau of the Budget - Qtr. ending September 30, 1943, and the 1945 Budget Report.
- War Production in February - A report to the War Production Board, by Hiland G. Batcheller - March 20, 1945.
- War Production for 1945 - Lend Lease, Food, Munitions, Aviation Gasoline, and Shipping.
- Report of the Petroleum Administration for War on the 100 Octane Aviation Gasoline Program as of September 1, 1943 (2 folders - 3 copies).
- Aviation Gasoline Report to the War Production Board, March 10, 1944 - Prepared by the Petroleum Administration for War. (2 folders)
- Foreign Transactions of the U.S. Government - War Period Cumulative through December 31, 1944 - Prepared by
Clearing Office for Foreign Transactions & Reports, Foreign Economic Administration.
- Manpower Data For Selected "Must" Establishments - Reports Prepared by the Reports and Analysis Services, War Manpower Commission.
- Progress Report on Industrial Alcohol - January 3, 1944
- Employment Trends in Programs on the Production Urgency List Prepared by Report and Analysis Service, War Manpower Commission.
- Employment Trends in Urgent War Production, Prepared by the Reports and Analysis Service, War Manpower Commission.
- Staff Report on Extent of Communication Facilities Used in Dissemination of Racing
Information, Prepared by Federal Communication Commission, Pursuant to Order No. 117 - (2 folders - 3 copies)
- Production Program 1944 - Relative to the 1944 Truck Program Prepared by Automotive Division, War Production Board, October 9, 1945.
- War Production - A report to the War Production Board, September 19, 1944.
- Study VE-6 - War Food Administration - March 1945.
- National War Program - Monthly Progress Reports Prepared by the Bureau of the Budget, Executive Office of the President - August 1943 - September 1945 (3 folders)
- Airports in States West of the Mississippi River Constructed with Federal Funds not in use or in limited use, May 12, 1944 -
Prepared by the War Projects Unit, Bureau of the Budget.
- Nelson-Locke Office: Disposition of Files
- Edwin A. Locke, Jr. Mission, Japanese Language Translations, 1945-1957.
- Manchuria (Including Jehol) Principal Electric Power Facilities as of July 1945 - Provisional Edition March 1946. (2 folders)
- Strategic Bombing Survey (3 folders)
[ Top of the page | Administrative Information | Folder Title List ]